Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm slow with the times

I'm still in a state of shock.  But no surprised.  Though I'm late in finding out Webster University dissolved its Community Choir and Webster University Symphony last year.  As Sarah Bryan Miller of the Post-Dispatch reported in July 2012, the university got rid of its community-university based choir and orchestra.  That probably had to due with the fact that Katherine Smith-Bower retired from Webster's music department several years ago.  She was the driving force behind the Webster University Community Choir. 

I participated in several productions in the 1990's.  One of which was Carmina Burana by Carl Orff.  I hadn't done which with the community choir since then.  I'd hoped to do something with it.  Now, I'm just disappointed.  I don't know of any local musical outlets I could turn to as easily as the Community Choir.  It just goes to show I'm slow with the times...

No comments:

Post a Comment